Julie Nutting Is Helping Me With Christmas "Cards."

Overcoming Fear
I love to discover creative cardmakers.  I follow many awesome crafters who predominately create cards.  I love their work and the end results.  Those who know me know I don't "do" cards.  I'm not good at it, don't enjoy it, and I always have a fear of putting in so much work the receiver will throw it away.  Yikes!  All this to say I think I have it figured out, at least for this Christmas, how to overcome that fear and have a little fun.

I am starting a new side of my crafty creativity with Julie Nutting doll stamps.  I have seen the most wonderful paper doll creativity.  You should check out Julie Nutting doll stamps Facebook Page.  Inspiration is over the top.

Sooooo, with all that inspiration I have decided to put my doll stamps to work.  Not on a card but on tags.  I enjoy tags.  Most days I'm not half bad at it and I've observed some save their tags, even displaying them.  So no matter what happens after they leave my hands I'm going to try to make Christmas Tags for a few family and friends.

Merry Christmas
Notables
Julie Nutting doll stamp "Valentina"
Graphic 45 collection Twas The Night Before Christmas
Prima Flowers
Odds and Ends from older collections of embellishments

I created my doll with my new STAMP device...the Tim Holz Stamp Platform.  I love this device and will share later.  If it could make coffee it would be perfect.

The dress is Graphic 45.  I know now how to use all those tiny pieces I've saved.  Boots, hair cardstock.  The top of the boots is Martha Stewart flocking.

Layered it together and added my sentiment "Season of Hope."  No matter the cliches out there it is the time to reflect why that hope is in each of us.

Coming!  Coming Soon!
Many of you know I hosted "12 Days of Home for the Holidays" for 5 years.  Although I am back blogging and crafting publicly again I am not up to that monumental task...yet.  BUT

Mark Your Calendar October 5-8
I've put together a few adventurous and crafty friends who have met a monumental challenge.  Thus the "Handyman's Holiday Hop" was born.  Enjoy the creative creations of crafters as they alter paint brushes in time for the holiday season.  From Halloween to the end of the year, each crafter has picked a holiday or two as their theme to alter a paint brush.  I've seen the private sneak peeks and they are AWESOME!  Come to the holiday party and bring a few friends.


Inspired to Create, Encouraged to Try

Comments

  1. A totally adorable tag that'll be lovely to share are Christmas and could be hung on a tree, cards baffle me as well, however, I so persevere to keep in touch with the grands, but I change things up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job on this, Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I have yet to enter the doll trend, but I certainly enjoy seeing what everyone else does with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing!!! I bought my first stamp this past week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!